Reindeer chow is a super easy way to make a homemade snack that is perfect for gifting, and even snacking at home! With the help from Metropolitan Market we collected all of our items needed and created this beautiful treat that will leave your guests wanting more year after year.
Be sure to leave some reindeer chow out for Santa and his reindeer on Christmas Eve!
- 1 box Rice Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or dark)
- 1 cup brownie mix
- 1 sharing size bag of M&Ms (about 11oz)
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2 cups pretzel butter snaps
- 1 gallon-sized ziploc bag
- A few cute decorative containers for gifting
- In a small microwaveable bowl combine chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter. Melt in 30 second intervals, stirring in between heats until you get a creamy mixture that drips nicely off your spoon. It usually takes about ( 3 ) intervals.
- Empty your chex cereal into a large bowl and slowly stir in your melted chocolate/peanut butter mixture until it is well distributed.
- Pour your brownie mix in a gallon-sized ziploc bag and add the chocolate covered chex. Close the ziploc and carefully shake the bag to fully coat the chex with the brownie mix.
- Lay out the chex mixture from your ziploc on a baking try and let chocolate harden overnight.
- Pour the chex into a large bowl and add pretzels and M&Ms. Give it a little mix and you’re done!