Ever wanted to feel like you’re apart of a movie? This 4DX Toy Story experience brings you along for a ride with the whole gang! The atmosphere is phenomenal and is sort of like a VR theme park ride, right from the comfort of your local movie theater.
At only 22 locations across North America, you too have the chance to change the way movies are viewed in the cinema for all time. In a truly unique event, these specially outfitted theaters enhance the movie you watch with environmental changes that match those displayed in the film.
Visual elements of the movie playing on screen manifest into physical elements right in your seat! When characters move quickly or are in vehicles, your seat will vibrate or move accordingly. When it rains in the film, you feel drops of water sprinkle on you! When flowers are present or wind blows, you will smell and feel it. Wild!
Along with the typical 3D glasses you wear for a 3D movie, this type of viewing experience is totally unique to modern cinema. The closest comparison I can think of is a ride like Disneyland’s Star Tours, where the movement of the seats combined with the 3D glasses simulates riding in an actual spaceship.
There are no trips to outer space in this movie unfortunately, but that doesn’t mean you’re not getting an out of this world experience! High speed chases, featuring our childhood favorites like Buzz Lightyear flying through an amusement park, Bo Peep speeding around in a skunk car and newest Toy Story character, Duke Caboom, Canada’s greatest action figure, free falling on his cycle, are just some of the action packed scenes that are wholly enhanced with this presentation.
Never do you have to worry about your belongings getting jostled. Just keep your drink in the cup holder and get a grip on your popcorn tub when the action hits, and you’ll be having fun in no time.
This was our second time viewing the film, but it felt like watching it through a new set of eyes. Action had more punch, scary moments had greater impact, and dramatics were all around more powerful because we (and I think the rest of the audience too) felt like we were really there with these characters.
Toy Story 4 will only run on the 4DX format for a limited time in select cities until July 4. We can’t recommend it enough for both you or your kids. It’s a theme park ride at a much cheaper price! Just ensure that your children are at least 4 years of age and 3.5 feet or taller, and strap in for the coolest family movie night of their lives!
4DX Theater Locations in North America:
- Regal LA Live – Los Angeles, CA
- CGV Buena Park – Buena Park, CA
- Cinepolis Pico Rivera – Pico Rivera, CA
- Cinepolis Vista Pointe – Vista, CA
- Edwards Mira Mesa – San Diego, CA
- Regal, Union Square – New York, NY
- Regal E-Walk – New York, NY
- Regal Pointe Orlando – Orlando, FL
- Regal Avenues 20- Jacksonville – Jacksonville, FL
- Regal Hollywood Naples – Hollywood, FL
- Regal Seattle Meridian – Seattle, WA
- Edwards Houston Marq*e – Houston, TX
- Regal Warrington Crossing – Warrington, PA
- Regal UA King Of Prussia – Philadelphia, PA
- Regal Gallery Place – Washington, DC
- Marcus Gurnee Mills Cinema – Gurnee, IL
- Regal Moore Warren – Moore, OK
- Regal Stonecrest at Piper Glen – Charlotte, NC
- Regal Cinemas Opry Mills – Nashville, TN
- Regal Pinnacle Stadium 18 – Knoxville, TN
- Regal Cinemas Red Rock – Las Vegas, NV
- Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas – Toronto, ON