Ian Somerhalder, Sebastian Stan, ‘Justice League’ Q&A’s, Cosplay, Creative Panels Head Programming At Wizard World Comic Con Portland; Most Included With Any Admission
Q&A sessions with standout celebrities Ian Somerhalder (“The Vampire Diaries,” “Lost”), Sebastian Stan (Captain America franchise), Henry Winkler (“Happy Days,” The Waterboy), James Marsters (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”), Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings, “Stranger Things”), Bonnie Wright (Harry Potter franchise) and the Justice Leagueduo of Ezra Miller and Ray Fisher, anime, video games, cosplayer and comics creator sessions, adult and kids costume contests and more highlight the programming offerings at Wizard World Comic Con Portland, April 13-15 at Oregon Convention Center.
Most programming is included as part of the standard event admission and is in addition to the live entertainment options (dancing, music, etc.) all weekend.
Panel highlights include
- Interactive Q&As with Somerhalder (Saturday, 1 p.m.), Flanigan (Saturday, 1 p.m.), Stan (Saturday, 2 p.m.), Winkler (Saturday, 2:30 p.m.), Marsters (Saturday, 4 p.m.), Wright (Sunday, 1 p.m.), Astin Sunday, 1 p.m.) and Billy Boyd (Lord of the Rings, Sunday, 2 p.m.)
- Group sessions with the the cast of Justice League (Miller and Fisher, Saturday, 3 p.m.), and “Women of Pop Culture” Holly Marie Combs (“Charmed”) and Charisma Carpenter (“Buffy”)
- Disney Trivia panel with Walt Before Mickey stars Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite) and Thomas Ian Nicholas (Rookie of the Year, Saturday, 2 p.m.)
- Creator-themed hours featuring industry superstars Phil Ortiz (“The Simpsons”), Josh Lyman (Wiz-Art), Stuart Sayger (“ROM,” “Micronauts”), Marat Mychaels (“Deadpool Corps,” Extreme Studios), Mostafa Moussa (” Superman,” “Fantastic Four”), Mark Kistler (“Secret City,” “Imagination Station”), Tom Cook (“Masters of the Universe,” “Smurfs”) and more
- Voice Actors panels featuring anime stars Tiffany Vollmer (DragonBall) and Derek Stephen Prince (Naruto, Bleach, Digimon) (Saturday, 4 p.m.-dual; Friday, 8 p.m. Prince only), Samantha Newark (Jem and the Holograms; Sunday, 1:30 p.m.). There is also an Anime VIP only Meet-and-greet with all three! (Saturday, 5:30 p.m.)
- Bad Samaritan feature film sneak peek featuring director Dean Devlin (Saturday, 1:30 p.m.), with exclusive footage and Q&A session
- Frederick Jones (Saturday AM), Matt Haley (“Wonder Woman 77,” “Gotham”) and Sean Hoade (“Ain’t That America,” “Cthulhu Attacks!” trilogy) discuss their experiences pitching ideas in mediums including film, TV, books and comics
- Fan-based panels on subjects ranging from Nikola Tesla, Diversity in Pop Culture with guru Tony Kim, Marvel vs. DC, Sci-Fi Blaxploitation, storytelling, Dungeons & Dragons improv, manga, Superman and more
- Manga/comic reviews
- Kids programming all three days, including story time, face painting, puppet shows, dance parties, magic, learn to draw, (and Kids 10 and under are free every day with paid adult)
- World-famous Wizard World Comic Con Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Cosplay with special guests Princess Morgan, OhMySophii, Jennifer Van Damsel, NoFace Cosplay and Momokun and more, throughout the weekend
- Cosplay and Industry Workshops (Body Painting, Social Media, Worbla, Improv, Cosplay Patterning, Pokémon, Sculpting), require additional ticket
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Comic Con Portland programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The fourth event scheduled on the 2018 Wizard World calendar, Portland show hours are Friday, April 13, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, April 14, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, April 15, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Comic Con Portland is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2018 Wizard World Portland, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/