Make sure your best fur friend is walking in style with Vario from Flexi!
Your best friend deserves to look just as fashionable as you and to be safe while doing so. Taking your dog on a walk is great exercise for you and your pooch. Take a few minutes every day to let your dog either run around the yard or take your dog on a walk around the neighborhood.
Active.com recently came out with a great study that asks “Are Dog Owners Healthier People?” The study showed:
“Researchers at Michigan State University found that dog owners are 34 percent more likely to fit in 150 minutes of walking per week than non-dog owners. The study also found that owning a dog promotes health and fitness even after you take your pup for a stroll, increasing leisure-time physical activity by 69 percent.”
With that being said, either get yourself a dog or get off your couch, put your phone down and take your little friend for a walk.
Why Flexi can help?
Flexi is a great company that has just what you need to take your dog on a walk.
With a variety of leashes, and accessories, I’m sure your dog will be barking for joy.
We picked up the Flexi tape leash called Vario. These leashes come in a variety of colors and sizes to match your dogs style and fit.
Sizes XS – L (8M)
The XS is great for little dogs, cats and other small animals up to 26 lbs. and the L (8M) is for dogs up to 110 lbs. Check the sizes here to find the right size for your friend.
- Soft grip
- Chromed snap hook
- Mulit-belt link system
- Customized handle adjustment system
- Can be customized with interchangeable belts, Multi Box and LED Lighting System
- 6 casing colors: anthracite, blue, brown, pink, red and turquoise
My favorite thing about this Vario leash is that is can be used with a LED flash belt that can be easy attached to your leash. It is great for walking your dog at night or during the Halloween holiday.
- For high visibility
- Red LED light
- 3 options: continuous light and flashing light in slow or fast frequency
- Incl. batteries
- Available in sizes S/M and L
- Suitable for VARIO S, M and L
The other thing that I am crazy about with this leash is that it can easily attach their multi box which is a small component that stores treats or poop bags. It also comes in a variety of colors.
- Stores treats or poop bags
- Suitable for VARIO, New Classic, Design S, M and L
- 7 colors: anthracite, blue, brown, pink, red, turquoise and black
To learn more about how, when and where to use a Flexi retractable leash, watch this video.
This helpful training video covers:
- How to prepare for your walk on a flexi retractable leash.
- How to properly use your flexi retractable leash during your walk.
- Special precautions for using flexi retractable leashes.
Regardless, what your motive of being a pet owner was. Remember how important it is when it comes to your pets health. Exercise holds a big role in your pets overall health, weight and lifestyle. If you feel your pet isn’t up to par with normal behavior, take them to a vet immediately.
Flexi has a great detailed tutorial on using your flexi leash. I have included some information below. Read the full guide here.
A copy of the Special Precautions & Directions booklet is included in every leash packaging.
This leash should only be used by responsible people who have read and can follow all of these precautions. Anyone who uses this leash must be able to control the dog and watch the dog closely at all times to keep it from running off or wrapping anyone in the cord/tape/belt. Keep out of reach of small children. Never let anyone play with this leash.
Is this leash right for your dog?
- Do not use this leash with a disobedient or uncontrollable dog, since they are more likely to wrap the cord/tape/belt around people or to run off at high speeds.
- Only use this leash with a dog that does not exceed the weight limit listed on the leash.
- Leashes for larger dogs have a tape or belt instead of a cord to reduce the risk of amputations and cuts.
- Even small dogs can pull hard enough to injure you, particularly because the length of the leash allows dogs to run and build up speed. Follow all of these precautions even with a small dog.
Inspect Your Leash & Collar Before Each Use
Make sure that all parts of the leash and your dog’s collar are in good condition and are not damaged, frayed, or broken.
Attaching the Leash & Safety Collar
- Always use the enclosed safety collar in addition to your dog’s collar as illustrated. The safety collar prevents snap-back if the dog’s collar breaks, or if the leash disconnects from your dog’s collar.
- Attach the hook of the leash to the D-ring of your dog’s collar. Never attach it to your dog’s ID tag ring. That ring is not strong and will break.
- Make sure that the hook is fully closed and securely attached to the collar D-ring and the rings of the safety collar.
Detaching the Leash
Make sure your dog is under control. Fully retract the leash before detaching it.
If your leash gets wet, pull the cord/tape/belt out of the leash housing as far as it will go and lock the brake. Leave it to dry overnight in a place that is out of reach of children. When the cord/tape/belt is dry, carefully and slowly retract the leash to keep it under control.
Using the Leash
Always hold the leash by the handle, never by the cord/tape/belt You can also hold the hand loop with your other hand for extra control. Never tie leash around a tree, pole, or any other object.
To bring your dog nearer, follow these steps and never touch the cord/tape/belt:
- Extend your arm forward and press the brake button.
- Step toward your dog and at the same time bring your arm to your side.
- Release the brake button and swing your arm towards the dog and press the brake button again.
- Repeat as needed.