REAL Food from The REAL Co Celebrating Its REAL Irish Roots.
This March, The Real Co honors its Irish roots by celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! Throughout the month, The Real Co is encouraging individuals to participate in the Irish tradition of the “wearing of the green”, dressing their food with vibrant green ingredients! As the base for all recipes, The Real Co asks folks to use their certifiable, 100% Single Origin products, including: Himalayan Pink Rock Salt, Organic Raw Cane Sugar, and organically grown White Basmati Rice.
The Real Co is a pioneer in Single Origin foods, where they honor the pact of transparency and never play-up the integrity of their sourcing. The Real Co promises its consumers a clear understanding of the source of their food, the methods used for farming, and how it is packaged & delivered. Honesty & trust is something that they take very seriously and are extremely proud to achieve!
This St. Patrick’s Day, celebrate by getting creative with your favorite Irish classics! Instead of consuming unhealthy, high calorie foods with little to no nutritional value, why not swap it for the wholesome goodness of The Real Co foods? The Real Co offers fun, easy-to-prepare, Irish themed recipes that sure serve up a “quare”* healthy kick. Every grain of salt, sugar and rice can be traced to its source, which is shared on every package of food that bears The Real Co name. Every food item has the Non-GMO Project Verified seal and is harvested from one single place, single farm or single family. The Real Co products are also Vegan, Gluten Free, Organic and Kosher!
Get started on the St. Patrick’s Day fun with a recipe that the Real Co Co-Founder, Colin Carter’s, “Mum” is famous for in their home of Ireland!
“Mum’s Irish Stew”
- 2-3 lbs neck or shoulder of lamb
- Bouquet of parsley, thyme and bayleaf (tied together if possible)
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- Himalayan Pink Rock Salt (as little or much as you desire) and freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 carrots, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small turnip, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Some small new potatoes, peeled and quartered, or large potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 ½ – 3 ½ oz. cabbage, shredded
- Finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup double cream (add more if you would like)
1. Remove the meat from the bone, trim off all the fat and cut into chunky cubes.
2. Keep the bones, place the meat in a pot, and cover with cold salted water. Bring to the boil and drain.
3. In a fresh pot, put the meat, bones, bouquet of herbs, onions, seasoning, carrots, leeks and turnip and cover with water. Simmer gently for one hour.
4. Skim off the foam as it rises. (This is very important for the final flavor and appearance of the stew.)
5. Add the potatoes and cream and continue cooking for 25 mins.
6. For the last 10 minutes add in the cabbage.
7. When the meat and vegetables are cooked remove the bones and bouquet of herbs.
8. Stir in the chopped parsley.
9. Serve in large bowls with soda bread or any fresh bread with fresh butter.
The Real Co Inc foods include:
The Real Co Himalayan Pink Rock Salt, handcrafted, in the Himalayan Mountains. This salt is 100% pure, 100% Single Origin, non-GMO; is unrefined and mountain washed in Himalayan mountain water, packing a whopping 84 active minerals in every grain! Mineral rich salt has far-reaching health benefits including reducing blood pressure, preventing muscle cramping, strengthening bones and more.
* The salt is available in a 20-ounce tub container for a suggested retail price of $6.99 or in a salt shaker container for a suggested retail price of $9.49.
The Real Co Organic Raw Cane Sugar, directly from Assukar Farms, Tayutic Valley in Costa Rica is 100% natural and organic, 100% Single Origin, non-GMO, and contains many natural vitamins & minerals.
*The sugar is available in 2 sizes: 8-ounce at a suggested retail price of $3.69 and 16-ounce at a suggested retail price of $4.49
The Real Co White Basmati Rice, directly from Gujrat Punjab from Farid Co-op Farm, is 100% natural and 100% Single Origin, low-GI & pre biotic, and non-GMO! The Real Co White Basmati Rice was farmed using no additives, no chemicals, and no pesticides.. The Real Co White Basmati Rice is a “super grain”, containing all essential Amino Acids and folic acid, and is gluten free and cholesterol free!
*The rice is available in 2 sizes: 16-ounce at a suggested retail price of $3.99 and 32-ounce at a suggested retail price of $6.49.
About The Real Co:
The Real Food Co was founded in 2013 in Valley Cottage, New York with a direct farm-to-market approach for the organic food industry. The new 100% Single Origin Foods concept supports farms at their source, cuts out the middleman, and delivers directly to the U.S. market, cutting costs of products compared to other manufacturers.
The Real Co offers transparency to the consumer, and is developing the first certification of 100% Single Origin Foods in the U.S. The Real Co pays fair wages and reinvests in both the land and the community that grows our products. The Real Co is available nationwide in numerous stores in every state; The Market in California, Natural Grocers (national), ShopRite, Fairway Market, Westerly Natural Market, Kings, Balducci, and Healthy Goodness. You can also find it on Amazon.com and Healthygoodness.com. For more information and for a full list state by state is available at www.TheReal.co