This summer be sure to grab yourself some Sum Bum. The UV rays get pretty high in the summer time and to avoid sun damage to your skin be sure to lather up.
Here are some pointers as to why it is important to use sunscreen:
- Skin cancer rates are on the rise and sunscreen has been proven to decrease the development
- It helps prevent brown spots and discolorations
- It reduces the appearance of facial red veins
- It slows down the development of wrinkled, premature aging skin
Many of you may not know that even though the sun is not ‘out’ and burning your skin, making you sweat, the sun is still there. The rays are still dangerous and you should always use protection.
As you can see from this chart below, this shows the UV rays and even though currently it is cloudy and rainy here is Hawaii, this is our current UV Index. The UV Index predicts the level of solar UV radiation and indicates the risk of overexposure on a scale from 0 (low) to 11 or more (extremely high). The sun may be hiding, but the rays are still hot and deadly.
Visit HERE to get a daily viewing of your areas UV Index.
What SPF (Sun Protection Factor) to use:
- SPF 15 product blocks about 94 percent of rays
- SPF 30 product blocks 97 percent of rays
- SPF 45 product blocks about 98 percent of rays
- Sunscreens with higher SPF ratings block slightly more rays, but none offers 100 percent protection.
So with all this harmful rays, should I just stay out of the sun? NO! Sunlight is important and does do good on our body. But with protection, proper sunlight should be a necessity.
This is why Sun Bum has just the stuff you need to protect you from those harmful rays.
From hair care, facial products to all over body protection you’ll be sun safe!
Sun Bum sun care has a wide variety of products to keep you safe. From SPF 15 to 70, you’ll be sure to find something that fits your needs.
Original Sunscreen Lotion / SPRAY-On
The original moisturizing sunscreen formula has Vitamin E and comes in three sizes, including a spray-on. The SPF value comes in 15, 30, 50 and 70. Starts at $9.99.