It’s summer! That means schools out. Which means for many of you parents that you now need to find a way to keep your little bundle of joy happy, entertained and educated.
That’s why I’m bringing you an exclusive series called Kid’s Cook! This will feature recipes for kids, by kids. Easy to make recipes that will keep both parent and kid satisfied. The ingredients will be little and the price will be low.
This week we feature a family favorite and probably one of the most basic recipes: Pizza.
Pizza has been around for many, many years. It’s one of the most seen items on a kids menu at restaurants and is something that you can find in virtually every grocery store. In some towns there are pizza parlors on every block. Each city seems to have it’s own pizzeria. No wonder pizza is one of the most popular dishes!
- Pizza sauce
- Pillsbury Pizza Crust
- Pizza or Mexican shredded cheese blend
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- *Extra toppings if you'd like
- Take your pizza crust and unroll it. Then carefully separate the dough to fill your lightly greased pizza tray or baking pan. Roll inward the ends just a bit to create a crust.
- Spread your pizza sauce around the inside of the pizza, don't put it on crust.
- Lightly spread your shredded cheese blend over the whole pizza -- don't add too much.
- Top with a few pieces of the cheese slices.
- Place a handful of pepperoni over the cheese. Add as much as you'd like!
- Extra toppings such as olives, tomatoes, spinach, ham are great too. Just add them on there.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes at 450F, keep an eye on your pizza based on the amount of toppings you added. Once it looks golden brown and your toppings are cooked it's ready.
- Let it sit for a few minutes to cool down.
- Slice and enjoy!
See, that wasn’t too hard! Keep an eye out next week for a new recipe that you and your family can try.
If you liked this recipe please give it a heart. Shares and comments are appreciated!
What would you like us to cook next?!