Over the years Everclear has been known to have a rather notorious reputation. However, Everclear should be viewed as an unfinished ingredient. Sure, it’s of a high proof., but after its high proof has served its purpose (absorbing and extracting flavor), it should be diluted before it’s enjoyed. Making it no more dangerous than other spirits or liqueurs on the shelf. But, as always, responsibility is still of the utmost importance.
Here are some ways you can impress your holiday guests this season with some simple uses of Everclear by making your own homemade holiday liqueur.
Pomegranate Green Tea Liqueur brings together the sweet taste of pomegranate and tea with Everclear ensuring holiday cheer is never in short supply. Combine with simple syrup and water, and within two hours it’ll be ready to bottle and enjoy with Holiday Road Punch (recipe below) or gifted in a mason jar with festive ribbons and labels.
POMEGRANATE GREEN TEA LIQUEUR
8 Pomegranate green tea bags
6 oz. Everclear®
7 oz. Filtered water
13 oz. White simple syrup
- Combine tea bags, Everclear® and water in a sealable container.
- Steep 2 hours.
- Remove tea bags and add simple syrup. Mix thoroughly.
- Bottle and enjoy.
HOLIDAY ROAD PUNCH
15 oz. Pomegranate Green Tea Liqueur
5 oz. Vodka
5 oz. White rum
10 oz. Lime juice
10 oz. Champagne
- Combine all ingredients except champagne in a pitcher or punch bowl.
- Mix and chill in refrigerator 8 hours or more (overnight works best).
- Just before serving, add chilled champagne and stir carefully.
- Add ice, along with 10 lime wheels.
- Serve in punch glasses, ice optional.
- Garnish with lime wheel (also optional).