“Believe in Magic” – Claudia Puig, USA Today
DISNEY’S BELOVED AND EMPOWERING FAIRYTALE TOLD IN A NEW BEAUTIFUL
AND MAGICAL WAY “CINDERELLA” ON BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK,
DIGITAL HD AND DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE ON SEPT. 15!
With over 12 minutes of additional scenes, Including an alternate opening,
plus the “Frozen Fever” theatrical short!
Celebrate Disney’s “Cinderella,” a modern classic that shines with beauty, imagination…and magic! Despite being mistreated by her stepmother (Cate Blanchett) and stepsisters, a spirited Ella (Lily James) resolves to take charge of her fate. Add a royal ball, a Fairy Godmother (Helena Bonham-Carter) and a glass slipper, and suddenly – magic becomes reality!
- Cate Blanchett as Stepmother (“The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,” “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring”)
- Lily James as Cinderella (TV’s “Downton Abbey”)
- Richard Madden (TV’s “Game of Thrones”) as Prince
- Stellan Skarsgård (Marvel’s: “The Avengers,” “Thor”) as Grand Duke
- Holliday Grainger (“Jane Eyre”) as Anastasia
- Derek Jacobi (“The King’s Speech,” “Underworld: Evolution”) as King
- Helena Bonham Carter as Fairy Godmother (“Alice in Wonderland,” “The King’s Speech”)
- David Baron (“Harry Potter” franchise)
- Simon Kinberg (“X-Men: Days of Future Past,” “Sherlock Holmes”)
- Allison Shearmur (“The Hunger Games,” “Power Rangers”)
- Kenneth Branagh (“Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit,” “Thor”)
- Patrick Doyle (“Brave,” “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire”)
- Chris Weitz (“About a Boy,” “The Golden Compass”)
- A Fairy Tale Comes to Life: Filmmakers and cast reflect on Cinderella’s enduring power, and the joys and challenges of bringing this iconic tale to life.
- Costume Test Fun: See the work of Academy Award-winning® Costume Designer Sandy Powell (The Aviator, 2004) and share some lighthearted moments with the cast.
- Staging The Ball: You’re invited behind the scenes for the making of the Palace Ball sequence, including its spectacular set, stunning costumes and more. It’s a lavish and massive undertaking…and a magical day on set.
- Ella’s Furry Friends: Discover how the movie’s animal stars honed their memorable performances.
- Alternate Opening: Ella’s Childhood: View moments from Ella’s idyllic childhood that do not appear in the movie. With an introduction by Director Kenneth Branagh.
- Frozen Fever: It’s Anna’s birthday, and Elsa and Kristoff are determined to give her the best celebration ever – but when Elsa catches a cold, her powers may put more than just the party at risk.
*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
Follow “Cinderella” online:
ABOUT DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE (DMA):
Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) is an engaging and family-friendly cloud-based digital movie service that makes it simple to buy your favorite Disney, Pixar and Marvel movies once and watch them anywhere. With DMA you can explore Disney’s library of over 400 eligible digital movies, discover hours of new and exclusive short-form content, and watch your digital movies from the comfort of the living room or across multiple mobile devices. In addition, you can redeem Digital Copy codes found in Disney, Pixar and Marvel Blu-rays and DVDs, as well as earn Disney Movie Rewards points with every digital purchase. Sign up and access Disney Movies Anywhere for free on DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com and through the Disney Movies Anywhere iOS and Android apps. Users can then simply connect their iTunes, Google Play and/or VUDU at VUDU.com/DMA accounts to begin enjoying their Disney, Pixar, and Marvel digital movie collections across platforms and devices.
ABOUT THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; Lucasfilm; and Touchstone Pictures, the banner under which live-action films from DreamWorks Studios are distributed. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.