My family LOVES cooking and their favorite to cook is desserts. Cookies is probably the number one dessert you will see us making. Why do we love cookies, you may ask? We love cookies because it is fun to make. There is so many different types of cookies you can make, (oatmeal, chocolate chip, raisin, sugar, double chocolate, vanilla, banana nut, etc.,) you can shape them, decorate them!
I recently came across this non-stick silicone baking mat from BakeitFun. I was very excited because not only would it make our baking a lot more fun it would make it easier. It is built in with measurements and had pre-made circles for the cookies. I also noticed it worked well to knead the dough before cutting out, then I’d place directly on the sheet, put it on a baking pan and straight into the preheated oven. It worked like magic. May I add, my favorite part was when the cookies were done and had cooled for a few minutes, the cookies removed in ease, no hassle, no spatula, no mess! It was a breeze!
The family and I can’t wait for the Christmas season to begin and we can make some Christmas themed sugar cookies! I am sure this nifty tool will make the work a lot easier.
Here is some basic information on the item:
– This is a USA Half Size Silicone Baking Mat With Measurements, “16-1/2” x 11.” Custom designed to fit perfectly a 13”x18” pan.
– Premium Quality Non-Sitck Silicone Baking Mat. Manufactured using FDA and LFGB approved materials. Made of fiber cloths covered with the best food grade silicone.
– BakeitFun Silicone Baking Mat doesn’t require any grease, get rid of the extra fat or shortenings. Cook Nontoxic: Our mat is BPA free.
– Non-Stick surface eliminates the need to scrub – Keep your baking sheets always clean. Just rinse with warm water and air dry or dishwash, then roll it and store.
– Reusable silicone baking mat with outstanding heat conductivity – Perfect for oven, microwave and freezer uses. Takes up to -40F degrees to 450F degrees – Flavors or odors will not penetrate the baking mat.
Here is my recipe for the cookies pictured
A great alternative to breads and muffins when you want to use up those over ripe bananas. Savor a fresh banana taste, enhanced with spices and nuts. A perfect treat for any time of day.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 cup mashed banana ( about 2 1/2 large bananas)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup chopped nuts ( pick your favorite or even add chocolate chips)
Preheat the oven to 350°F Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
In a bowl, mix the mashed bananas and baking soda. Let sit for 2 minutes. The baking soda will react with the acid in the bananas which in turn will give the cookies their lift and rise.
Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture. Mix together the flour, salt, and spices and sift into the butter and banana mixture and mix until just combined.
Fold into the batter the pecans or chocolate chips if using. Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Let cool on wire racks.
Makes about 30 cookies.
Main page: www.bakeitfun.com
I received this product complimentary from Tomoson and BakeitFun to try and test to review.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free usingTomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.